45th Annual Catonsville Arts and Crafts Festival
Presented by the Greater Catonsville Chamber of Commerce, 924 Frederick Road, Catonsville, MD 21228, 410-744-4169
The Festival will be held from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Frederick Road, between Bloomsbury Avenue and Melvin Avenue, in the heart of Catonsville (Exit #13, ½ mile west of the I-695 Beltway)
Rules and Regulations
- The Festival will be open from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, September 9, 2018.
- Items offered for sale by craft vendors must be individually produced by the vendor. Wholesale items are not acceptable. There can be no product changes or product line additions after an application is filed.
- Craft vendors must ensure that the photo submitted includes a representative sample of the type of items to be displayed. We try not to assign vendors with similar items in close proximity to one another.
- Spaces will be assigned with due consideration to exhibitors’ specific requests; however, the Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to make final space assignments. Exhibitors may not permit other Exhibitors to use their space, or any part thereof, without express written permission of the Greater Catonsville Chamber of Commerce.
- Exhibitors must provide their own method of display, including table(s) and standard tents or canopies.
- If an Exhibitor fails to occupy the space contracted for by the end of the scheduled set-up, or fails to comply in any other respect with the terms of this agreement, the Chamber of Commerce shall have the right to use such space in any other manner without releasing the Exhibitor from paying the registration fee based on the date of postmark.
- Exhibitors should bring their confirmation letters on the day of the Festival and must display vendor-parking passes on their vehicle dashboards for entrance to the grounds and parking lot.
- The Exhibitor absolves the Greater Catonsville Chamber of Commerce, their officers, directors, employees, and agents of all responsibility for the protection of Exhibitor spaces, contents, and vehicles.
- Exhibitors may begin selling their items at 10:00 a.m. and MUST stop sales at 5:00 p.m.
- The Festival will proceed rain or shine. The Chamber of Commerce assumes no responsibility for exhibits.
- No pets, roller blades, scooters, skateboards, or bicycles, please.
Exhibitor Space Dimensions:
- Single space size is 10’ wide x 10’ deep.
- Tents/canopies must back up to the curb and protrude into the street no further than 10’.
- Exhibitors must remain within the confines of their spaces. No soliciting is allowed outside of the designated space.
Setup and Removal of Exhibit:
- Frederick Road will be closed to the public beginning at 6:00 a.m. on September 9, at which time Exhibitors may begin to set up their exhibits. Vehicles must be removed from the street as soon as they are unloaded—by 9:00 a.m. at the latest.
- The festival ends at 5 p.m. and all Exhibitors must remove their exhibits from Frederick Road by 6:15 p.m. Exhibitors must clean up their spaces at the end of the day.
Traffic and Parking: A Festival Map will be sent to exhibitors with space confirmation and parking instructions in August. Only vehicles with vendor parking passes will be permitted to park on the designated lot. Vehicles without parking passes must park on the side streets even if they are accompanying vendors. Exhibitors may not park in spaces reserved for area businesses. Any vehicle parked improperly is subject to be ticketed and towed.
Sales and Use Tax Regulations:
All Exhibitors required to collect Maryland State Sales Tax must take care of their obligations. For specific information, please contact:
Maryland Sales & Use Tax Division
Special Events Sections – Room 20,
301 West Preston Street, Baltimore, MD 21201
Restrooms: Portable, handicapped accessible restrooms will be located next to the Catonsville Fire House, at the intersection of Frederick Road and Egges Lane. Additional restrooms will be available close to the KidZone in the center of the Festival.